Saturday, February 5, 2011

Please, Look Past the Oufits!!!

Sorry for posting about three-four times a day today, but I was just watching the Who on YouTube, and a thought struck me. I remembered how, just the other night, I had showed my friend The Who singing "My Generation" on YouTube, and she was so blinded by the flamboyancy of their clothes and Roger's hair, that she didn't notice the creative genius behind the song, or even listen to the lyrics! And this morning, I was watching "Pinball Wizard" and "Behind Blue Eyes", and realized just how blindsided some prejudiced some people are! Please, oh readers, please look past the clothes, crass attitudes, and abundance of insanely curly blond hair, and LISTEN. Notice the music, the lyrics. Watch Pete Townshend and John Entwistle kill guitar and bass solos! Look at Keith Moon and Zak Starkey (but mostly KEITH!!) rock out on totally wicked drum solos! Laugh when Roger Daltrey struts around stage, trying to look cool but failing! And above all else, enjoy the music. Please. These three songs that I'm including links for have helped give us music as we have it now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd3r5qvVyRg (this one's "Behind Blue Eyes")

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOUqRZkR8dE (this one's "Pinball Wizard")

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utpjQFBuQQM  (and this one's "My Generation")



These videos are from all different times in the history of The Who. "My Generation" and "Pinball Wizard" are from pretty early on, and "Behind Blue Eyes", which is also my favorite, is from a concert in 1979.

Please, look past the fringe, the screams, the annoying attitudes, and enjoy the music!!! Let it take you on a journey to experience what most people miss out on in life. If you like these songs, and you better!, then here are some more to look up:
"The Kids Are Alright"
"Bargain"
"You Better You Bet"
"Who Are You"
"Magic Bus"
"Baba O'Riley"
"Won't Get Fooled Again"

ENJOY!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment