Saturday, March 12, 2011

I have no clue what to call this yet, or even if it's any good. Whataya think?


Skye was dreadfully bored. This party had been a bust, and now she was just standing with her back against a wall, trying not to yawn. The music was really bad, played by some old band that she had never heard about, called Bon Jovi. Her boyfriend had brought her there, saw this one girl from school, Emma, and disappeared. “Oh, Ace,” she thought, “You really were never that great, anyway.” Just then, she saw Ace reenter the room, dragging a very tousle-haired Emma behind him. Skye ducked as she saw Ace’s searching glance probe the room. When he saw no sign of her, he started right back to at kissing Emma, full on. Skye felt a baby-barf coming up. She looked around for her best friend, Cally. “Cally, would you look at that. I’m leaving. Come with me? Please?” Cally saw the look of hurt flit across Skye’s face and without a word, put an arm around Skye’s shoulders and towed her out to her car. When they got to the car, Skye finally let it out. Sobbing, she managed to choke out, “Tha-tha-tha-that JERK!!! How could he?!? I thought he loved me, and then Emma-in-your-face-Smith just HAD to come along and TAKE him!! I’m never talking to either of them ever again! I-he-blah-blah-blah-I wanna go ho-ho-home!!!!!!!!”

No comments:

Post a Comment