Okay, so all of you that know me, know that I'm obsessed/in love with The Beatles, see above. So when a random kid comes up to me in the hallway at school and goes, "Hey, weird girl. Who are The Beatles?" I fly off of the handle.
"Hey. Weird girl. Who are The Beatles?"
"Excuse me? How do you NOT know who The Beatles are?? They're, they're, they're classic! They're gods, geniuses, musical masterminds, prodigies! And you have the guts to tell me, ME, Gertrude Shirley, Paul McCartney's "girlfriend", that you don't know who THE BEATLES are???"
(By this time, I'm in full freak-out mode, the whole jumping-up-and-down-wringing-my-hands kind of thing.)
"God. I'm sorry, ok?"
(This kid is that kinda kid who spells "okay" like "ok" and probably has never said anything but "Me and ma friends iz goin to da park on Satirdayz." in his life. He also takes the Lord's name in vain and enjoys profanity.)
"No, don't be sorry! Let me tell you about them!"
Right now, the poor kid decides, quite smartly, to back away from me slowly, as if I were a bear that was about to eat him, as I stood there talking my head off about the glory of John, Paul, George, and Ringo.
I hope that poor kid isn't mentally scarred, but I'm still furious that he doesn't know who The Beatles are. He walked away before I could finish enlightening him on the joys of classic pop/rock. His only hope is that his parents are, like, in their 20s or 30s, and therefore too young to have listened to good music while growing up. Thanks to my friend Nai Pace, whose blog you might also read, I'm in love with The Beatles, and have been since third grade. So if you hate how obsessive I am, blame Nai. You can find him at (xxx)-867-5309. :)

That isn't my phone number. Also, I am not responsible for Gertrude's obsessive behavior or any actions caused by it. I did introduce her to the Beatles, but I didn't tell her to go psycho on anyone who hasn't heard of them or anything. :) :P
ReplyDeleteI think she generates the over hyper-obsessiveness herself.
ReplyDelete"Eight-six-seven-five-three-oh-niii-ee-iiinne!" Love that song... Lol, I wish I had the courage to just yell at random people I don't know like that. XD You go, Gurty.
ReplyDelete