Friday, August 19, 2011

The beginning of a new school year

So for most of us, school has either already started or is starting really soon.
And for those of you who know me, you know that I started at a new school last year, and that I'm kind of (very) nervous to return to this school this year, but I had one thing, and one person, that have really made me less frightened on the whole.

I was reading one of my favorite books, Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl the other day, and I got to thinking about Anne's take on life today. She says that it's impossible to be sad if you go outside and take a moment to be at one with nature- with God.

My mom and I were talking the other day, and she told me one of her favorite quotes. "No one can make you feel inferior whithout your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt. This quote is now my mantra, and I don't know if my mom knows it, but in telling me that quote, and simply being there to listen to me stress and vent and ramble, she helped me a whole lot. I love you, Mom. :) You're the best.

I know this is a serious post, coming from me, a girl that you normally expect to talk about music, or actors, or other things, some less profound than others, but it's what's on my mind right now.
So I'd like to just give a shout-out to anyone who's struggling with anything right now, whether it's school, or family, or friends, or anything! I want to say that you're not alone, and that people suffer these inflictions daily. If you have faith, keep believing in yourself, and don't mind what those "popular" people say.

And keep this in mind: "I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything." John Lennon. But I feel there should be an added "or anyone" in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment