My neighbors really like The Who. I mean, it's a total, family-wide obsession. Sorta like me and The Beatles, except that the adults in this family are obsessed, too. So when my dad and I went shopping yesterday, we decided to have a little fun.
We got in the car, and our destination was the local grocery store, for a pineapple and some chocolate chips. I plugged my iPhone into the speaker and turned on the song "Magic Bus". As we passed our Who-loving neighbor's house, Mr. Neighbor-man came outside to mow the lawn. I motioned to my dad to turn up the music, and he did just that, and he turned into their cul-de-sac! The music was so loud, my seat was vibrating, and Pete Townshend's guitar was amazing.
We drove past their house once, and Mr. Neighbor-man looked up, smiled, and waved. Not knowing if he'd actually heard the music over the roar of the lawn mower, Dad and I circled the cul-de-sac once and when we drove past the house again, we turned the music up even louder.
That got Mr. Neighbor-man's attention! This time, he gave us a thumbs-up and grinned.
I texted my friend, Mr. Neighbor-man Jr., and asked him to ask his dad if he heard what we'd been listening to. Jr. replied with a "Rock on!!!"
Fun times, fun times.
No comments:
Post a Comment