Oh. My. GOSH! I FINALLY found the Percy Jackson audiobooks on YouTube, so now I can "read" The Sea of Monsters! And, I have something to do while I knit! I don't know if any of y'all have tried it, but trying to knit and hold a book at the same time is tricky with a capital "T". So then, I resorted to holding the book with my knees, but it was a large hardcover, and I eventually abandoned that prospect. So I finished that book, which by the way was the first Harry Potter, and read The Lightening Thief, again. And then, I figured out that I didn't have book 2. I was pretty much bummed out, until I thought "YOUTUBE!!!!" And a knitting goddess was born. Just kidding. I'm not a "goddess". I'm a demigod. Kidding again. I wish I wasn't though.
I don't get why people think it's nerdy or geeky to knit if you're under 60, and if you knit while over 60, it's "grandma-ish". It's actually really fun!! All it is is a series of complicated knots on two-four needles! Of course, I'm not that advanced yet, but I will be!!!I'm currently making a scarf. I have no life, so over spring break, I've knitted 1 1/2 scarves, a purse, a placemat, and a belt! I really need to get out of the house.
On my last note, it's my lil brother, Ben's, 10th birthday today!!! Happy birthday Ben!!! Have fun with your Legos!
PS- I watched The Lightening Thief again today (Netflix rocks!!!) and I loved it even more than I did!!! The second time you watch it, you pick up on so much of Grover's dry humor that you miss the first time.
PPS- Compared to the book, the movie sucks. It's the worst, most off-of-the-book film ever. But if you've never read the books, it's amazing.
You obviously haven't seen the Lord of the Rings movies. Far more inaccurate. The message of the story was completely different. They made Sauron into the good guy.
ReplyDeleteI've been thinking about learning to knit...maybe...and happy birthday to your brother! Thats all i have to say...for now...
ReplyDeleteI'm gonna agree with your PPS.
ReplyDeleteOh yeah, which scarf is it? Is it one of the fabrics I helped to pick out?
@Nai- I've never read those books. They used to scare me. I'll look into them again later.
ReplyDelete@Mr. Dr. Prof. Ewok- That'd be AWESOME!!!
@Cami- Nope. I don't have the right sized needles for that yarn yet.